Nice/Middleton Bridge Project - Community
Recreational and commercial mariners are strongly advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use caution when transiting the area and observe 6-knot speed limit from .5 mile north and south of the bridge to create MINIMAL WAKE and maintain safety around the construction area.
- The north-south navigational opening remains within the main span of the existing bridge during construction operations. Sign up for mariner alerts to receive details and updates.
- In general, boater access is unaffected south of the bridge. Access is restricted north of the bridge for a distance of 500 feet.
- Stay clear of all overhead work and maintain a safe distance of 300 feet from all construction equipment and support vessels at all times.
- No unauthorized vessels are allowed in the safety zone surrounding construction barge mooring locations.
- Interested mariners can contact vessels via marine band radio VHF-FM channels 16 and 13 when on the river.
Project Meetings Schedule
- There are no upcoming public meetings at this time.