Nice/Middleton Bridge Project - Community
Bicycle System Informational Open House
Wednesday, April 26, 6:00-8:00 PM
Nice/Middleton Bridge Automotive Shop
13040 Crain Highway, Newburg, MD 20664
- News Release: BICYCLE SYSTEM INFORMATIONAL OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 26 AT NICE/MIDDLETON BRIDGE
- Open House Ad
- Informational Boards
- Nice/Middleton Bridge Bicycle System Public Comments
- Title VI Survey
Starting June 10, 2023, bicyclists will be allowed to cross the Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial/Senator Thomas “Mac” Middleton Bridge (US 301) over the Potomac River between Newburg, Maryland and Dahlgren, VA from dawn to dusk on Saturday, Sundays and State holidays.
Recreational and commercial mariners are strongly advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Mariner Alert: 6-knot Speed Limit Now Being Enforced at the Nice/Middleton Bridge Project
- Use caution when transiting the area and observe 6-knot speed limit from .5 mile north and south of the bridge to create MINIMAL WAKE and maintain safety around the construction area.
- The north-south navigational opening remains within the main span of the existing bridge during construction operations. Sign up for mariner alerts to receive details and updates.
- In general, boater access is unaffected south of the bridge. Access is restricted north of the bridge for a distance of 500 feet.
- Stay clear of all overhead work and maintain a safe distance of 300 feet from all construction equipment and support vessels at all times.
- No unauthorized vessels are allowed in the safety zone surrounding construction barge mooring locations.
- Interested mariners can contact vessels via marine band radio VHF-FM channels 16 and 13 when on the river.