Nice/Middleton Bridge Project - Community
Due to the global pandemic, public information meetings in Maryland and Virginia will be planned as soon as feasible. Please check back for future updates.
Recreational and commercial mariners are strongly advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use caution when transiting the area and operate at minimum necessary speed to create MINIMAL WAKE and maintain safe course near the work site.
- The north-south navigational opening remains within the main span of the existing bridge during construction operations. NOTE: This channel will be closed briefly in December for critical construction activities; sign up for alerts to receive details and updates.
- In general, boater access is unaffected south of the bridge. Access is restricted north of the bridge for a distance of 500 feet.
- Stay clear of all overhead work and maintain a safe distance of 300 feet from all construction equipment and support vessels at all times.
- No unauthorized vessels are allowed in the safety zone surrounding construction barge mooring locations.
- Interested mariners can contact vessels via marine band radio VHF-FM channels 16 and 13 when on the river.
Project Meetings Schedule
- There are no upcoming public meetings at this time.