MDTA POLICE TO CELEBRATE 34 YEARS OF TOYS FOR TOTS COLLECTIONS
Convenient Drop-off on Your Commute December 5-7
Join the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) Police, MDTA staff and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves next week for the 2023 Toys for Tots campaign. This is the 34th consecutive year the MDTA Police have supported the annual effort.
In Baltimore, MDTA officers will collect new, unwrapped toys
Tuesday, December 5 through Thursday, December 7
from 6 to 9 a.m. and From 4 to 6 p.m.
TOY COLLECTION LOCATIONS:
- Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895)
- Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95)
- Toy collections at the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95) will take place at the DriveEzMD Customer Service Center located near Exit 56 (Keith Avenue) at 3990 Leland Avenue.
- Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695)
- Dundalk Marine Terminal
- William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial (Bay) Bridge (US 50/301)
- Gov. Harry W. Nice Memorial/Senator Thomas “Mac” Middleton Bridge (US 301)
- Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40)
- Intercounty Connector (MD 200).
- Toy collections at the Intercounty Connector (MD 200) will continue to take place at the Layhill Road (MD 182) interchange.
Toll facility customers who wish to donate toys should stay right and follow directions from Santa, uniformed MDTA police officers and MDTA staff. Sites at the Bay, Key, Hatem and Nice/Middleton bridges will be near the former toll plaza locations. The MDTA Police remind drivers to keep safety in mind as they approach toy drop-off sites.
Since 1990, MDTA employees have collected more than 171,000 toys and $144,000 from generous customers of Maryland’s toll facilities and the Port of Baltimore.